Thursday, January 2, 2014

Worried and Excited…

I’m feeling worried and excited at the same time because my fiancé asked me when they should visit our house for the “pamamanhikan”.

Worried, because we cannot fit in my Kuya’s condo unit. My fiancé told me that they’ll be atleast 11 heads excluding his niece and nephews so adding my family will be roughly 17 people. Our dining area can only accommodate a maximum of 12, I guess. I scrap the idea of preparing food in our place and asking my mom to help me because she’s not always feeling well and we have no “kasambahay” to help me out. We initially thought of having an in-house caterer but because the unit space is limited it’s also impossible.

Excited, because it will be my first time to experience an actual “pamamanhikan”.  My older sister got married on November 2011 and the pamamanhikan thingy happened the night before the wedding day when only Kuya and his mom did it. So overall, it will be the first in our family.

When I asked my mom how it goes, she told me that before it’s the guy’s family to visit the family of the bride-to-be with a middle man (tagapagsalita) to start and end the meeting between the two families. Ofcourse they also need to bring some food aside from what we should be preparing. It’s like family bonding, familiarizing faces and names. In short, getting to know the immediate family of both sides which I think is cool. We’ll also talk about the wedding details, what have been done and needs to do, etc. Overall, I think the meeting will be short mainly because there's no development yet in our wedding plan.:(

The last thing my fiance and I are still pondering is should we reserve a meeting room in a restaurant? We are targeting January 18. So I hope everything goes out pretty well. ‘Will be posting the update after this date.

No comments:

Post a Comment