Thursday, January 2, 2014

IMO - Diamond used as Engagement Ring Stone

As per Wikipedia, “diamond” is 
from the ancient Greek word ἀδάμας – adámas, meaning "unbreakable," "proper," or "unalterable" 
- one reason I believe why it is commonly used for engagement rings “guys' unbreakable affection”. The higher the grade or quality for its 4Cs - color, cut, clarity and carat, the higher its value. In my humble opinion and in what I continuously observe, the larger stone you wear like Hollywood celebrities, the more famous you are and more pride your partner feels. And we all know, "diamonds are forever" as what De Beers ads say before. It also has higher value compared to other gem stones.

My fiancé and I were planning to get wed by December 2014 before the proposal happened. I was stressing out because I felt I was the only one doing the research and contacting our potential suppliers. I was so anxious to the point that I lost interest and just waited for the time that my fiancé would help me out. But when he proposed to me, I was so surprised at the same time I felt assured that this guy really wanted to marry me (no kidding). Maybe because he spent that much for an engagement band with diamonds on it. I’m not really after the stones but there’s this feeling of certainty within you – you are valued that much. :)

For all brides-to-be like me, I think the stress level that we experience during preparation for the big day is higher than our partners because we really wanted it as special as we can with no conflicts with our suppliers and budget. We wanted to make sure that everyone will remember our big day because they enjoyed it and not the other way around.

Anyway, does it really have to be diamond/s for an engagement ring? For me I really don’t know and I’m not sure. Ofcourse I was happy receiving such a beautiful engagement ring last December 21, 2013 but it was not really about how the ring looks (with 10 studs of diamonds and a big one at the center of a white gold band) but the emotion behind it, how it was given to me, the place and time, and most especially his assurance that he will marry me and he loves me for what I am.

Do you really wanted a diamond ring for your engagement?

No comments:

Post a Comment